Kristy’s leadership skills include:
- Consensus and team building
- Conflict resolution
- Adapting to rapidly changing circumstances
- Recognising the abilities of others
- Self -organisation and multitasking
Kristy has been involved in organising and participating in NZ Law Society seminars, in particular:
- Presenter for the NZ Law Society Seminar on Professional Ethics in 1990.
- Member of the NZ Law Society Privacy Committee working party (1995–1996).
- Member of the Law Society faculty for its Litigation Skills Programme.
- Presenter for the NZ Law Society Criminal Law Litigation symposium in 1995 and again in 2004.
- Presenter for the NZ Law Society seminar on Employment Law, October 2016.
She was appointed to the NZ Law Society Ethics Committee in 1986 and served on that committee for nine years, including as chair (1995–1996).
At Canterbury University she tutored in Evidence and Legal Systems. Kristy has also given a number of lectures to members of the medical profession and conducted a number of presentations to Government organisations.
Kristy was appointed Patron of the NZ Police Wing 273 in 2012.